Favorite Quote

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."
-Randy Pausch


Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Oohh Salmon!


As the week progresses you'll see that my meals get pretty uneventful.  The highlight of my food intake today was eating "island style" wild coho salmon for dinner.  Wild salmon has become one of the most important foods that I eat.  It is incredibly healthy, contains essential fats, and also serves as an anti-inflammatory.  I am, by no means, a salmon expert but do know that it has helped me get, and stay, healthy.  

I only eat wild salmon.  Wild salmon has a great (non-fishy) flavor and healthy red coloring to it.  In my opinion, farm raised salmon tastes fishy, doesn't have the dark red coloring, and is just yucky (to me).  I mean, they swim around in huge nets and eat each other's poop...yeah I really want to eat a fish that does that.  And yes, I'm sure wild salmon eat poop too, but at least they're not trapped in a net and they taste wwaaayy better!  Again, just my opinion...

Here's what I ate today!!

Pre-Breakfast:  2 ounce shot of Xango

Breakfast:  Oatmeal w/ banana and a touch of brown sugar

Snack:  2 cups of Vanilla Goat Yogurt

Lunch:  A cup of leftover pumpkin soup and Baked Chicken Spinach Salad

Snack:  Vegetable Drink!  This veggie drink consisted of two large carrots, 1/3 of a large beet, ginger root, and two celery stocks.

Dinner:  Island Style Wild Coho Salmon.  The salmon is cooked in coconut milk and chicken broth seasoned with curry powder.  Leeks, cauliflower, broccoli, garlic, and onion are sauteed in the broth before the salmon is added.  This is an incredibly tasty meal!  You can cook whatever veggies you like in the broth...it will come out tasting great!!  As an added bonus, curry+salmon is a great anti-inflammatory blend!!

Dessert:  Pumpkin Pie Smoothie  (Canned Organic Pumpkin Pie mix, frozen vanilla yogurt, vanilla soy milk, pure maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg blended).  

Snack:  Vanilla Goat Yogurt

With that, I'll leave you with something random.  I want to see a black bear in it's natural element before I take another vacation out of the United States.  There you have it...

No comments: